View Single Post
Old July 12 2008, 02:00 AM   #55
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.
Re: How's the Summer Movie Season going for you?

So far, the only one that has impressed me at all is Iron Man. The characterization is strong enough to carry the rest of the movie, which is pretty flimsy.

Indiana Jones & the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was half-decent but certainly not worth waiting 19 years for. I don't think I could in good conscience put it on the shelf next to the other 3.

The Incredible Hulk gave me think that maybe Hulk (2003) wasn't that bad.

All the funny parts of Get Smart were already in the ads. Seeing the actual movie is pointless.

Sex & the City was OK but suffered from too much mid-movie moping.

Prince Caspian was totally forgettable.

Wanted is visually entertaining fluff; not worth paying full price when I already own The Matrix & Night Watch on DVD. Jolie & Freeman are good but James MacAvoy is completely in over his head doing over the top stuff like this.

The Strangers was scary but that might have had something to do with being in a theater filled with about 5-dozen shrieking women that sound like a cross between Fay Wray & Jennifer Hudson.

Overall, I've been underwhelmed but I expect The Dark Knight to almost single-handedly turn it around. (For what it's worth, I'm also looking forward to Wall-E, The X-Files, The Mummy, & Hellboy II.)