View Single Post
Old July 8 2008, 05:02 AM   #8
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Re: How's the Summer Movie Season going for you?

Movies I enjoyed but don't think of as really great: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, The Incredible Hulk, Get Smart. Why? These movies were the usual formulaic summer fare that in my opinion got by because they were part of franchises that are popular or well known. Though I had a good time, I don't feel that these movies by themselves they are anything spectacular or groundbreaking.

Movies I liked the most: Iron Man, The Happening, Wanted, Hancock. Why? Iron Man was great fantasy fulfillment and the rest were different from your usual summer fare.

Movies I enjoyed but don't consider summer favorites: Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay, Sex and the City. Why? No reason in particular. They just didn't quite make the "movies I liked the most" cut. Is Harold and Kumar even a summer movie? Who cares. I'm putting it in anyway. I saw it a week before Iron Man.

Movies I plan to see: The Dark Knight, The X-Files: I Want to Believe, The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and possibly one or two others.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote