View Single Post
Old July 4 2008, 07:06 PM   #23
Bob The Skutter
Service Droid

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile
Re: Stargate Continuum - Grading and Discussion

DWF wrote: View Post
Imagine if things were actually BETTER. What would SG-1 (or any random Trek crew or whomever) do then?
I have to wonder where the drama is in a story like that.
I suppose the drama is in the personal decisions they have to make... Change the time line to get back to what they know, but ruin all the good that has come of it, or live with it and never have had the outcome of certain events in your own time line.

What if Jackson wasn't the one to solve it, but did prove his theory, and outed the stargate program unknowingly?

What if Jonas helped them find something that caused them to defeat the Goa'uld earlier, and they never ran in to the Ori?

What if they met the Furlings instead of the Asgard, and progressed faster because of it?
Yeah let's just throw out ten years of continuity, nobody'd complain about right?
I'm not saying they should have done that in Continuum, or suggesting it should be done at all, just it'd be interesting to see.
Although, I think it could be done, and work but it would take a lot of planning.