View Single Post
Old July 4 2008, 04:37 PM   #16
Bob The Skutter
Service Droid

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile
Re: Stargate Continuum - Grading and Discussion

I don't think there was anything in particular wrong with it, but I also didn't think there was anything particularly great about it.

I guess it didn't have a big enough budget, or something. It's a movie, so why no real epic battles? I think we've seen bigger battles on the TV show. I know there was a lot of ships, but what exactly did they do, besides sit there?
Overall I think I have to agree with firehawk, there's too much missed opportunity in there, that makes you think of what could have been. Like it'd have been nice to see the alternate Jackson actually being encouraged, or at least feeling stalked, by our Jackson. Or people getting attached to people in this new time line, and making it more difficult to erase it.
I don't know, I think the writers are getting a bit full of themselves, in the same way the Trek writers did, and thinking the fans will buy anything they sell.
I'm not really a harsh critic of them or the show, but nearly everything in the last year or two has felt really lackluster.