View Single Post
Old June 30 2008, 11:13 PM   #22
johnhazard
Commander

View johnhazard's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to johnhazard Send a message via Yahoo to johnhazard
Re: Starship Farragut: The Animated Episodes Questions

dayxday1000 wrote: View Post
Thanks for the updates! I was thrilled when I first read about this project and saw the teaser. There was some talk about an animated Exeter production a while back but it never seemed to get off the ground. I've enjoyed the work of Kail Tescar and NeoFX and I'm really looking forward to following this and watching the final product(s). Thanks!
Yeah, I'm the dirty culprit behind the animated Exeter tease- I really wanted to do it, wrote a script and half a storyboard, then had to call it off when, among other things, I got a weekly newspaper strip which pretty much eats up whatever free time I would have had for the project (in fact, I'll be up tonight working on this week's strip). when you've got a family, paying projects take precedence.

Now that I see the Exeter guys are finally nearing the end of their long "Tressauran" odyssey and still wanting to do more episodes, I'd really love to find a way to revisit the project in some form- we'll see.

In the meantime, I am SO looking forward to doing my animated Farragut bits. It's going to be so much fun to work on, and an honor to be included in the final product. I'm going to be using some modern trickery (Maya), then retrograding it to match the painterly goodness of those old Saturday morning cartoon backgrounds.

By the way NEO fx, thanks for announcing my participation- considering how little my contribution will be, it's most kind of you.
Frankenstein Superstar
johnhazard is offline   Reply With Quote