View Single Post
Old June 22 2008, 10:20 PM   #393
Defcon
Rear Admiral

View Defcon's Twitter Profile
Re: Destiny trilogy - pretty heavy spoilers

Therin of Andor wrote: View Post
My point was that people who previously rejected a book because of a blurb may well come back to a book after hearing positive word of mouth (or indeed "media hype", of some kind).
I already agreed about the word of mouth part. All I'm saying is that I don't believe that there will be any media hype for the books. And there's nothing Pocket can do to create a media hype for the books, because they are too unimportant for the regular media.

So why are we even talking about these people? Is the point that Pocket Books must write better blurbs?
That would be a good start. To be honest I can't remember one blurb in the last few years that really screamed at me: Read me! Most of the time I buy the Star Trek books because I either like the author or they are part of a series I follow.

But again, up until now I never even mentioned that Pocket Books does something wrong in my posts, you are the one who implies they do something wrong again and again.

Again, all I'm saying is that I don't believe that there will be any media hype for the books.

I have seen you doing it with both full quotes and partial quotes here and over at psiphi.
Pardon me for not posting to your personal high standards.
It's common sense not to quote something you don't want to talk about, not a personal high standard.
Defcon is online now   Reply With Quote