View Single Post
Old June 19 2008, 09:27 AM   #10
Locutus of Bored
A Certain Point of View

Re: Play 'Star Trek' 20Q

It got Risa in 22 questions. Unfortunately some people seem to be answering only yes or no to questions you can't possibly know the answer to, and incorrectly or overly literally to others.

People said Risa wasn't involved in the Dominion War or any war for that matter. Well, there's no way to know that, and technically as part of the Federation they were peripherally involved at the very least. I said maybe, but most others said no.

It asked if Risa was a good negotiator. I said maybe, but most people said no. Again, how can we know one way or another?

But when asked if it ever compromised the crew's safety, I said sometimes while most people said no. While, obviously the planet itself didn't compromise the crew's safety (but the test was already geared towards asking place questions, so that's irrelevant), in all three episodes revolving around Risa, the crew that were on the planet were placed in some sort of jeopardy.

Considering there was an entire episode revolving around it achieving "paradise" through technological means that were sabotaged by a neo-luddite movement, I took that as being a sign that it was sometimes mechanically inclined, but most people said no.

You are Risa.

1. Was it involved in the Dominion War? You said Maybe, 20Q was taught by other players that the answer is No.

2. Is it a good negotiator? You said Maybe, 20Q was taught by other players that the answer is No.

3. Did it ever compromise a crew's safety? You said Sometimes, 20Q was taught by other players that the answer is No.

4. Is it mechanically inclined? You said Sometimes, 20Q was taught by other players that the answer is No.

5. Has it ever been involved in a war? You said Maybe, 20Q was taught by other players that the answer is No.
The lone and level sands stretch far away.