View Single Post
Old June 6 2008, 06:25 PM   #234
Occupy TNZ
I Can't Afford A Lobbyist

Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

TheArsenal wrote: View Post
Agree. United are not likely to let a goal scorer like that out the door easily. The question is not if he goes. The question is this year? Next? Or at the end of Ferguson's time? And is an unsettled Ronaldo worthwhile? Maybe. I don't like the player, but he showed mental strength to produce when he really didn't want to be in England, the season after The Wink. So I imagine he can shake off not going to his dream club for another year or so.
I dunno, I think he might see it as he's put in his time after suffering abuse from fans and having his house vandalized, post Wink. He's put his head down, worked hard and has won ManU some pretty major hardware, I wouldn't be surprised if he feels entitled to a move.

If he wanted to stay in ManU for his career, or put in another year, he would have said it right after he won the CL trophy. Instead he was vague and coy, and now this report comes out. Plus I hear Real is prepared to offer an astounding 300k a week salary - nothing to shake your head at.