. I haven't forgotten about this, I'm just taking a little time to rethink my approach.
When I started I didn't really have a clear idea of how certain aspects of the design would work out (specifically the size of the bridge) and it was starting to bug me. I tried to sort the size problems out by scaling the model comparing it to my Enterprise model. It didn't help much so I rebuilt the model using top three decks of the Enterprise as a guide.
Here's a comparison of the old and new apex models to scale next to the Enterprise:
I'm still not happy with the new model, though. The engineering section needs to be sleeker and, perhaps, follow the lines of the Enterprise engineering hull more closely.