View Single Post
Old May 26 2008, 01:46 AM   #16
WalkerBait
Trekker4747

Re: Neophyte CG Trek Ship Design

NiteTrek wrote: View Post
Starship Polaris wrote: View Post
Here are the plans:

I borrowed the scan back from www.shipschematics.net; since I'm the original artist I hope they don't have a problem with that.
Are you open to minor suggestions? I've mentioned this in other threads and your ship looks like the perfect candidate for it.

I always thought it would be cool to have a rear firing photon torpedo bay right at the same level on the neck as the forward firing bays. In other words, just extend the current bay to the rear. One of the advantages is that one crew could man both forward and rear firing bays (as opposed to having a completely separate crew on another part of the ship.) I also envision the side docking hatches could easily be used to "reload" torpedos.

Just thought I'd mention it, it looks like you could create one with very little effort.

In any event, I'm anxiously awaiting the final version!
I'd also reccomend making the engine pylons a little longer to give the nacelles 100% clearance from the primary hull. But it's a really cool design, looks like a wonderful marriage between the Connie and the Ambassador.