View Single Post
Old May 24 2008, 06:22 PM   #175
Jax
Admiral

Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

First thing congrats RANGERS and well played Queen of the South.

Theres no doubt that Dean Windass will play in the PL because he might be old but he just has a knack of getting some dam vital goals. I have to admit his goal was worthy of being in a WORLD CUP Final, the technique was simply perfect. I do look forward to seeing that Frazer Campbell in the PL assuming Utd let him stay out on loan at Hull City.

Some news in the England Camp today...

Chris Kirkland has been sent home from the England squad due to Inury and is set to miss the friendly with the United States.
For the moment in training, Capello is using Under 21 sub keeper "Joe Lewis" though he won't be in the match squad of course. If Kirkland is set to miss the T&T game as well then he will probably call up Paul Robinson, Scott Carson or Robert Green to the squad.

Biggest news of the day is that...

Chelsea have sacked manager Avram Grant after only eight months in charge at Stamford Bridge.
Not Surprising but maybe a little earlier than I expected though overall he did a decent job but he was never a great tactican and it shown in the Carling Cup Final & Champions League Final.

I was going over the squad earlier and I think Chelsea will need to spend 70-75 million this summer to make the squad better though the good news is that they have several players they can get rid of which could bring in around 40 million but I will talk about that in more detail later.
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received

Last edited by A JaxMas Carol; May 24 2008 at 06:45 PM.
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote