View Single Post
Old May 1 2008, 09:21 PM   #102
TheArsenal
Rear Admiral

Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Daedalus12 wrote: View Post
The Flamini to Milan rumour is getting stronger and stronger.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...lia/may1a.html
Most Arsenal fans believe that Flamini has never forgiven Arsene for replacing him with Ashley Cole in the Champion's League final, so the loyalty over money aspect just isn't there. For those who don't remember, two years ago Flamini, a central midfielder, was deputized out of position as left back in Cole's absence and played excellently, including the famous win over Real Madrid at the Bernabéu. Ironically, Arsenal didn't tie him to a contract last season - before he came into this blistering form - because no one could have guessed what an instrumental player he would be.

Servo wrote: View Post
I think Liverpool would have been harder to beat in a Champions League final than Chelsea will be. I'm pretty confident that United can win it.
Player for player and the way Chelsea are peaking in form at just the right time, I can't imagine Sir Red Nose wouldn't have rather faced Liverpool. I couldn't begin to tell you who is going to win this one. If forced to guess, I'll have to say Chelsea.

"F*** you! That's my name. You know why mister? 'Cause you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight. I drove an eighty thousand dollar BMW. That's my name."
TheArsenal is offline   Reply With Quote