View Single Post
Old May 1 2008, 08:35 PM   #39
KRAD
Keith R.A. DeCandido

View KRAD's Twitter Profile
Re: Articles of the Federation [spoilers]

Kirr wrote: View Post
I just finished Articles of the Federation - and really loved it. I decided to give it a go after hearing about (and getting excited to read) Destiny/A Singular Destiny and all the hints that this administration would be featured in it. Like the original poster, I'm only sorry I didn't read it sooner.
Thanks so very much!

I was curious about a couple of things, the first of which was answered elsewhere - 'was Ross working for Section 31'? Was this plot point only revealed in the novels, or did this actually come from a DS9 episode and I just missed it?
It actually came from a DS9 episode, specifically "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges."

I can tell the whole Zife/Ross thing happened in the 'A Time To' books, which I have to say really got my interest up for those books - I've just been overwhelmed by how many of them there are to catch up on. But maybe this will finally be enough to get me to try them. Is it really necessary to read them all, and in order, or are there more critical/closer linked books in the series?
It's not "necessary" to read any of them. I'd recommend it, as I think it's a very strong miniseries, and it works better if you read them all and watch it all build to a climax. Having said that, if you only care about Tezwa and the Zife/Ross thing, then the last three books are the ones that cover that.

Finally, I remember that originally KRAD was to write two novels 'A Time for War' and 'A Time for Peace' - but then those (titles as least) got merged together. I'm curious if Articles of the Federation was in any way part of the original plan for 'A Time for Peace' - it just kind of strikes me as fitting that title since that's what we're (for the most part) seeing in Bacco's administration.
Well, I hadn't actually written a plot yet when it was decided to cut the miniseries from 12 to 9 books and make my finale a single volume, but several plot points that I originally intended to have in the duology wound up in Articles instead. But I can't really point to anything specific, more in terms of vague ideas....

Anyway, just wanted add my name to the list of folks who thought this novel was great.
Again, thanks!

"Even when you turn your back, you're facing something."
KRAD is offline   Reply With Quote