View Single Post
Old May 1 2008, 07:29 PM   #38
Kirr
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Articles of the Federation [spoilers]

Sorry to ressurrect this topic from the dead, but I figured it was better than starting a new one for the same book. And I'm glad I found this topic anyway, because one of the questions I was going to ask was answered in the responses above.

I just finished Articles of the Federation - and really loved it. I decided to give it a go after hearing about (and getting excited to read) Destiny/A Singular Destiny and all the hints that this administration would be featured in it. Like the original poster, I'm only sorry I didn't read it sooner.

I was curious about a couple of things, the first of which was answered elsewhere - 'was Ross working for Section 31'? Was this plot point only revealed in the novels, or did this actually come from a DS9 episode and I just missed it?

I can tell the whole Zife/Ross thing happened in the 'A Time To' books, which I have to say really got my interest up for those books - I've just been overwhelmed by how many of them there are to catch up on. But maybe this will finally be enough to get me to try them. Is it really necessary to read them all, and in order, or are there more critical/closer linked books in the series?

Finally, I remember that originally KRAD was to write two novels 'A Time for War' and 'A Time for Peace' - but then those (titles as least) got merged together. I'm curious if Articles of the Federation was in any way part of the original plan for 'A Time for Peace' - it just kind of strikes me as fitting that title since that's what we're (for the most part) seeing in Bacco's administration.

Anyway, just wanted add my name to the list of folks who thought this novel was great.
Kirr is offline   Reply With Quote