View Single Post
Old May 1 2008, 06:59 PM   #99
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

^^ Have to agree, Liverpool in Europe are a different prospect to what they are in the Premier League. That being said, I still think that it'll be Chelsea who will give United the harder game.

Over the two legs, I didn't think that there was much in it. It could have gone either way to be honest. Liverpool looked the better, and most likely team once they'd equalised. As the commentator said, the best thing to happen for Chelsea was the final whistle. They were a different team again when they went into extra time, albeit they were helped considerably by Liverpool.

Re: Grant, it'll be interesting to see what Abramovich does if Chelsea win the Champions League. Would he really sack someone for winning the European Cup? I'm not entirely sure who they'd replace him with anyway. Hiddink has stated his reluctance to return to club football. Klinsmann perhaps? Would he move from the States? Would they go for Rijkaard who's more than likely out of a job in the summer? Could it even be Sven?

Re: Flamini, just the type of player that Milan need really.

I don't believe this - Zenit St. Petersburg are beating Bayern Munich, who I had down as absolute 100% nailed on favourites to win the UEFA Cup, 4-0.
Surprising, and funny at the same time!