View Single Post
Old April 30 2008, 06:28 AM   #453
Shaw
Commodore

Re: Another fan attempt at TOS deck plans

So I don't want you guys to think I forgot this stuff... I've just been really busy with a ton of other things lately.

I have been thinking about how to brake up the secondary hull into unique compartments and what might go into which compartment. This sort of gives an idea of where I'm at right now.

I've included a number of slices across the hull to illustrate how the compartments (and decks) are arranged within the hull (specially as in some areas there are open areas that are more than a standard deck high).

Engineering is basically the core of the hull, with sections on either side (just towards the aft) that would serve as storage areas (and are associated with parts of the hull with few windows). Engineering also includes the compartment that meets with the nacelle supports (which I envision as where Scotty was working in a Jefferies Tube in That Which Survives).

It is funny, if most of the engineering areas were relocated to their TMP locations, then the vacated areas would make up the large open areas seen in the refit Enterprise. And the turbolift tubes as I have them currently aren't too far off either (about 15 meters or so forward of the ones seen in TMP I'm guessing). Even though this is all coincidence, it is still interesting that those aspects even remotely match up at all.