Thread: Vanguard
View Single Post
Old April 29 2008, 08:08 AM   #32
Technobuilder
Commodore

Re: Vanguard

You are absolutely correct. I've only done one re-read of the complete series so far, and that was right before Worlds of DS9 came out. The series just isn't a "MUST READ before any other book" type series like it used to be for me.

I may change my mind about that after reading Fearful Symmetry, but then again I may not. For like I said, the series has lost some momentum in my mind and while I think it's due to the fact that it's been a while since the last book and in no way reflective upon the content of the storyline itself, it has still caused me to reorder my purchasing perspective.

I still don't feel like I'm really putting my thoughts out there clearly, but please don't think I'm bashing the DS9 Relaunch, for it's what got me into Trek Literature in the first place. I guess I've just missed reading it to the point that I've gotten used to it not being around, so that even if it does come back, I might not rush right out to "jump back in" as quickly as I might have previously if the books were coming out a little closer together.
"You fool! You've fallen victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this - "Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!"
Technobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote