View Single Post
Old April 21 2008, 06:26 PM   #168
Sector 7
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sector 7
Re: Allow Myself to Introduce...Myself

Kaitz wrote: View Post
I'm a sophomore biology major at a small, liberal arts college, aiming for my BA and perhaps graduate school in biology. This summer I'm going to be interning at a major research hospital in Ohio, performing research regarding the development of stem cells into insulin-producing beta cells. I'm interested chiefly in cellular and molecular biology but also evolution and many other areas that I have yet to formally explore.

And space science is incredibly cool. Go NASA.
As a diabetic, I can only say, "GOD BLESS YOU!" I hope you find a cure for us.
As for me, I had to leave college after 3 years because working 2 jobs and an internship wasn't enough. The Financial Director told that if I was a minority or a female there was plenty of scholarship money, but none for a white male.
Later on in life, I worked with sci-fi and Star Trek conventions. I met some wonderful people from the show and movies. Some became friends and even helped me with sponsoring the doomed StarFleet Academy series. (That's right, it wasn't just a rumor.) After that I became depressed and disillusioned, thus my hatred of DS9 and Paramount. (It shoulda been MY show there!)
Now with the new Star Trek movie coming out, I ran into this board and am re-acquainting myself with Trek and fellow fans once again.

Last edited by Sector 7; April 21 2008 at 06:36 PM.
Sector 7 is offline   Reply With Quote