View Single Post
Old April 10 2008, 01:47 PM   #9
MyCylon
Rear Admiral

Re: Do you think I'd like Firefly?

The_Beef wrote: View Post
Of course, there's no way to be sure what a person will or won't like
Naturally! I'm just trying to size it up a little.

but I can say that I'm a fan of all the shows you listed under likes and I dislike everything you listed under the other column, and I love Firefly. In response to your question, there are absolutely no aliens on this show. Its really mostly about a bunch of Average Joes in space and the humor comes from normal banter between friends and rivals. I'm the same way you are with Buffy: I just didn't get into it.
That sounds pretty good to me. Going by that as well as some other things I've heard about the show I think I probably will like it.

Do you like Han Solo and the Millennium Falcon? That is, after all, the main inspiration for the show.
Yes, I do, absolutely.

Also, if you're planning to start on the series, you may want to begin with the episode Out of Gas. Due to some issues with the network, there were actually two pilots, neither one of which is that episode, but this one is the episode that establishes how the crew was put together. Its your call, though. Another way to start could possibly be with the film Serenity, since its probably easier to come by. On the other hand, its definitely the last chapter of the story, so I recommend just starting with the series if you're looking to really enjoy it.
I think I'd want to start with the series. I must rermember that with "Out of Gas".

Davros wrote: View Post
I greatly enjoyed Firefly. I suggest you give it a try. Maybe rent some episodes to see if you want to buy them.
The DVD set isn't too expensive, really, so I might just pick it up at some stage. They don't really have much stuff in the video rental store here, and I'm not that interested in the online rental offerings so far.