Thread: News Bullets
View Single Post
Old April 8 2008, 12:46 AM   #1
TrekToday
Rear Admiral

News Bullets

• As reported by Courant.com, George Takei (Sulu) will be appearing on Secret Talents of the Stars which airs Tuesday, April 8 at 10 P.M. on CBS. Takei's "secret talent" will be singing country music.

• In an interview with New York Entertainment, Patrick Stewart (Picard) credited his seven years playing Jean-Luc Picard with changing his life. "I played that character for seven years," he explained. "One hundred and seventy-eight episodes week in, week out, four feature films. Those years were very productive, they were very important to me, and they changed my life in every aspect. I am proud of 'Star Trek: The Next Generation', I am proud of the work we did, and I am proud of the character I played, because I know for a fact hes been an outstanding role model to people."

• According to Playbill, Ethan Phillips (Neelix) is playing the "Turkey Guy" in David Mamet's comedy November. The play centers on the unpopular President Charles Smith and his bid for a second term and was inspired by the presidential habit of pardoning turkeys every Thanksgiving.