View Single Post
Old March 29 2008, 02:09 AM   #13
Wingsley
Commodore

Re: Daedelus, ala April

There is a little fly in the ointment:

Wasn't Daedalus supposed to be a Federation starship? Of course, this doesn't address the ship's origins, but I would imagine that if Daedalus were even a Federation evolution of an Earth design, it would have to have a unified Federation influence in it. The reason I bring this up are the "Warp 7" lines invoked in "All Good Things..." We don't know exactly how long it took for the Federation to perfect a warp drive capable of sustaining that speed. (I'm suggesting that there is a major difference between achieving a speed for a brief period and sustaining it.)

ENT seemed to show Andorian and Vulcan ships capable of at least Warp 6, and that their starship designs were head and shoulders above the NX class. It's kind of a damned if you do/damned if you don't situation. You want to show a link to the NX past, but you want it to be head and shoulders above the NX.