View Single Post
Old March 24 2008, 11:09 PM   #43
Non-Trekkie Trekkie
Captain

Re: Universal Homesexuals?

Belar wrote: View Post
apostle83 wrote: View Post
This isn't a flame, troll, or anything designed to be rude. I would just hope that by the time star trek rolls around, we're off this little fad of encouraging what I and many others consider to be sexual immorality.
Oh boy ... I'm at a loss for words.

Why? Personally I think it's a completely rational view (Especially through our Trek eyes)...A person is allowed to have such views after all, and I find merit in both, equally...Rolly-Eyed-Guy attack (As is the case against those with his or her views are usually met), or not.

Personally I see the world of Trek ridding homosexual tendencies (Via genome and/or psychological altering, however you view it) like they most certainly would rid the tendencies of those attracted to children. After all, can't a case be made that one who is attracted to children is "Born" with the tendency? Or at the very least cannot control being attracted to children (As many of them state)? (And no, before the flames break-out, I'm not talking about acting on those tendencies which clearly cannot be compared due to the obvious adult-adult relationships in one and a potential adult-child relationship in the other).

If it can be treated, and like cancer has been eradicated on Trek, I think it will be, or would be, in the Trek universe. Or if a person choses to keep the tendency, they can...It's a Free Trek World after all.

Last edited by Non-Trekkie Trekkie; March 24 2008 at 11:27 PM.