View Single Post
Old March 17 2008, 05:07 AM   #254
Shaw
Commodore

Re: Another fan attempt at TOS deck plans

Wingsley wrote: View Post
Interesting list; don't forget the U.S.S. Archon ("The Return of the Archons") and the U.S.S. Antares ("Charlie X").
Good point... but I couldn't remember off hand if those were actually U.S.S. ships... I would assume Archon and Horizon are though.

TIN_MAN wrote: View Post
Most of your cutaways seem to be based on the pressure comp. diagram, are you going to use MJ's cutaway from T.M.O.S.T.?
And here I thought I had made it clear that it was one of the foundations of my cross section back on page one of this thread.

But as I've pointed out (many times now) a cross section actually reveals very little about the nature of the rest of the deck layout. Even on the most accurate cross sections, you only get information about what is along the center line of the ship... and the original Jefferies TOS cross section isn't even that accurate.

So yeah, I've used it to back up the Phase II cross section for deck heights, approximate placement of vertical turboshafts, size of the hangar deck... but I'm not sure that much else can be used than what I've taken already, and I only used what could be matched up nice with the very accurate Phase II cross section (which wasn't prettied up for the writers).

Is there some information there that you think I've missed? And how does anything along the center line effect my use of the hull pressure compartments in arranging anything off center?

I'll post this image (again) for anyone else who may have forgotten it (or not seen it) from more than a month ago...