View Single Post
Old March 9 2008, 11:03 PM   #59
Zefram_Cochrane
First Faster Than Light

View Zefram_Cochrane's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Zefram_Cochrane Send a message via AIM to Zefram_Cochrane Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zefram_Cochrane Send a message via Yahoo to Zefram_Cochrane
Re: Star Trek: Full Speed Ahead

DavidFalkayn wrote: View Post
Just finished reading act IV. Speaking from personal experience, I know how difficult it is at times writing a strongly sexual and hedonistic character--especially female--within the world of Starfleet. You have to maintain a very careful balancing act. It's very easy going over the top and turning the character into a parody, but you've succeeded here with Ariel. Her smoldering sexuality comes through very nicely and it does in little ways. A gesture...a pulled down jumpsuit zipper...they all do the job very well.

Very nicely done!

Well, thanks. I hope you feel the same in Act V, when the zipper goes way down

I intend to play more to her baser instincts as the series progresses. Which will most likely be both arousing and troublesome for her ship as each situation she gets herself into may or may not be dealt with as smoothly as DtT2 does. I just needed to get out the word about how she's mixed-race and how Leone likes to use that to her advantage (and further, how Ariel doesn't mind when she does).

There's way more to Ariel's relationship with Leone than I've exposed, but then, that's what the series is for, right?

As always, thanks so much for reading!

-- ZC

Visit my writing blog or my fanfic profile at Ad Astra.
Zefram_Cochrane is offline   Reply With Quote