View Single Post
Old March 4 2008, 08:30 PM   #44
Christopher
Writer

Re: Destiny trilogy - pretty heavy spoilers

Warp Coil wrote: View Post
- More Borg? VOY ruined them. The TNG Relaunch thusfar hasn't reversed the damage. I think the Borg just need to lay dormant for a long, long time. Until there's a good enough reason to bring them back and make them truly scary. "Resistance" and "Before Dishonor" just didn't do it.
What, you think that if Dave tackled the Borg, they wouldn't be truly scary?

As for them needing to lay dormant, I have the same response to that as to the argument that filmed/televised Star Trek needs to remain dormant for a long time and the new movie is a bad idea. I think that, no matter how long or short the interval between stories, all it takes is one story done right to undo the perceived "damage."

At least, I hope so, since my next novel involves the Borg. I'd hope that people will approach my take on them with an open mind and judge it based on the work itself, instead of on their reactions to what came before it. And I hope they won't write off the aspects of my book that don't involve the Borg just because the Borg are one factor in the story. And Destiny, regardless of what it's about, deserves the same.

- Long-dead legendary Captain? Please don't let it be Kirk or Janeway.
I'm sorry, Dave, but I have to spoil it to halt these rumors... it's Captain America. Turns out Steve Rogers fell into the ice again and spent 373 years frozen this time around.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote