View Single Post
Old March 4 2008, 07:49 PM   #5
Re: Shatner To Direct Comedy Movie

Quote from above - As reported by and, Shatner had just signed a deal to direct a movie reported to be based on the Jewish custom of sitting Shiva, the period of mourning after the death of a family member. According to a 2000 interview with The Hollywood Reporter, while sitting shiva after the death of his wife Nerine, Shatner realized that "grief can be funny."

I remember reading about the death of his wife and all of the people saying that he killed her. I didn't believe it for a first. Then I heard the 9-1-1 tape of him reporting finding her, and I began to rethink my position. Didn't he host a show about 9-1-1 calls ("Rescue 9-1-1")? Wouldn't he know what to do? Wouldn't your first reaction to be pull your wife out of the pool? Still, I figured it had to be a horrifying experience and people often panic. Then I saw an interview in which he talked about the humor in sitting shiva and that he was considering writing a movie about it. That's when I knew he killed her. He killed her dead...allegedly.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." -- Judge Aaron Satie