View Single Post
Old March 4 2008, 09:48 AM   #33
JeremyW
Commander

Re: Destiny trilogy - pretty heavy spoilers

Well, we don't know what's going to happen, but whatever it is, Destiny is sounding more and more appealing everyday. And it is funny that Amazon's description is nothing more than a rehash of fanfic ideas and speculation...come on, the 2006 hardcover featuring the Ships of the Line had a picture of the NX-02 crash landed on a desert planet in the Gamma Quadrant....people are fishing for something to write about just to promote early sales....now don't get me wrong...I'm a huge David Mack fan, and I will be buying these books, but I'll soon rather wait for the author or someone a little more legitimate to provide info than an online bookstore.

And personally, Captain Dax doesn't sound like a bad idea. (I think what Marco and the DS9 crew have done to Ezri's been awesome) Heck, Mack dropped the hint in Warpath. It could happen. Things aren't put in novels like that just to fill space.

Let's wait for the book to come out before we all bash it...if someone's going to spend over a year of his life doing something he thinks is important and relevant, then let's give him the benefit of the doubt.