View Single Post
Old February 13 2008, 10:26 AM   #31
Shaw
Commodore

Re: Another fan attempt at TOS deck plans

Captain Robert April said:
Wanna take a stab at setting up some quarters on Deck 7 of my deck plans? That's the one big issue that's been holding me up (well, that and losing my computer in the eviction).
Well, I don't have enough time to work on my own version. Though maybe a Do-it-yourself version of this stuff really is the direction I should go in.

Still, figuring this stuff out isn't all that hard.

If we assume that all quarters are set up as double rooms, and each of those is 15 feet deep and 12 feet wide at the middle, and we round up the 8.5 foot corridors to 9 feet, then you can start making concentric circles, first one narrower 15 feet, then 9, then 15, 15, 9, 15, 15, etc.

Then figure out the radius at the rooms mid-point and the circumference of a circle that big. Divide that by 12, and you get a rough number of how many rooms can go around the deck at that point. Divide 360 by that number and you'll now have the angle of the wall sections.

This is an example of what I came up with after spending a little time playing with this...

The outer most edge is 205 feet from the center (as the outer edge is angled, I guessed at what that might be). Those room layouts can be used as a template, and rotated and broken up as needed to make space for radial corridors, turbo lifts, etc.