View Single Post
Old February 8 2008, 12:28 PM   #559
therealfoxbat
Commander

Re: The OFFICIAL new Enterprise - Let the critiques begin!

Cary L. Brown said:
therealfoxbat said:
I believe that's a nacelle and not the secondary hull, because there are two of them in the scene, both at just about the proper places for the nacelles to be.
I think you're thinking of a different shot.

This is the shot I'm referring to (click to see full-sized).
[image]http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/1571/secondaryhullbackup0.th.jpg[/image]

I believe that's the back of the secondary hull, not the nacelle... as I was originally thinking. As such, the size is MUCH closer to what it ought to be.
You're right, Cary. This is the shot I was talking about. (Took me a while to figure out a way to do this...)

Professor Moriarty said:
AOL/Moviefone has released an authentic image of the new Enterprise, and here she is in all her full-size (1828x778) glory!
If the image Cary posted is really going to be in the movie, this bodes ill for Gabe's Enterprise being in the movie. I can't see this view being possible anywhere on Gabe's model.

I don't believe this is a view of the nacelle looking forward. (The cooling fins are ***WAY*** too close to the dome. There should be about half the length of the nacelle between the cooling fins and that dome if it's on the front.) If this is a view of the nacelle, it's much more likely a view looking aft, with a raised dome on the rear of the nacelle (again, looking bad for the odds of being Gabe's Enterprise).

Another idea that makes me feel kind of ooky in my stomach is the center dome might be the rear of the bridge dome and the raised sections on either side might lead into the impulse engine...

(Shudder with fear and loathing...)

I really DO have a squirrelly wrath, you know...
therealfoxbat is offline   Reply With Quote