Location: ANS Yamato, Sector 5, Sol System
Re: series 6,, what will it be like
I really hope not, it's been done to death by now.
Jack Bauer said:
If the movie is a success I suspect that a tv series would be set around the time of TOS or perhaps slightly before.
If they have to have a prequel to anything, how about setting between ST6:TUC and TNG. Ent-C era or there abouts.
There's a lot we don't know about that era, its a big gap which could easily accommodate a series.
Wouldn't be able to set it on the Ent-C as we know the fate of that ship. So it would have to be another ship.
If you really wanted you could even have it on the Stargazer, with a young lieutenant Picard coming aboard towards the end of the series.
TPTB are on the same wave, at least gamewise, with Star Trek Online
-that's going to be set in the 25 century
and not the 22nd, 23rd, or
And I have an idea for a show set after Nemesis
, but around the time of Titan
, set at Starfleet Academy, called....well, what else, but Star Trek: Starfleet Academy
And here it is now:
Star Trek: Starfleet Academy-TAS
An animated series based on Star Trek by Gene Roddenberry, written and directed by Bruce Timm & Paul Dini ( Batman: TAS, Superman: TAS, Batman Beyond, Static Shock, The Zeta Project, Justice Leauge, Justice Leauge Unlimited, ) with some scripts by Manny Coto and Garfield and Judith Reeves-Stevens, plus others.
PLOT/CONCEPT: The famous training institution,and the young people who inhabit it. The show will center on a core of freshmen (about 6 youths) training to be future officers and crew members in Starfleet-their hopes, dreams, aspirations, successes, and failures.
The 6 youths, rangeing in age from 18-20, are all from diffrent parts of the Federation: three will be human, two will be alien, and the sixth will be from a race that one would not expect to see in Starfleet: Cardassian. As always, the human will be the leader of the group, and it will be through their eyes that we experience what's going on, and the story's main focus.
The 6 are:
* George Washington Carter: The self-appointed leader of the group, he is an Afro Canadian from Toronto, and the second generation of his family to be in Starfleet, on the command fast-track. A self-confident young man, his confidence is somewhat marred by feelings of self-doubt, because of the legacy he has to live up to: his mother, Madeline Carter, captain of the Nebula-class starship U.S.S.Morningstar, whose accomplishments are just as impressive as Picard, Sisko, Janeway, Kirk, etc.
* Samira Al-Sadr: The 'second in command' of the group, on the Life Sciences fast-track, of Arab origin from Palestine. She is concious of her history, and that carries over into the way she handles medicine. Always striving to become perfect, she does not let that overcome her good-natured sense of humour and fun, or her sexuality.
* Masumi Ito: The 'third' of the triad, she was genetically engineered as a youth on a lost colony similar to Moab IV (from the Next Generation epsiode The Masterpiece Society). However, that was not perfect, and although she is obviously smart, she is left with a craving for food that has given her unsightly weight gain-as well as a caustic tounge when anybody tells her about it. She is studying to be an engineer.
* Selan-A Vulcan cadet on the Security fast track, he is the jock of the group, and is the star of the track team, the new baseball team, and the Paressies Squares (sp) team! He is a somewhat laid-back (for a Vulcan), blonde-haired Vulcan of half-human parentage, who speaks in human slang (whatever slang teenagers of the 24th century speak) on occasion, mixed in with his perfect English.
* Thalla-An Andorian, she is on the Science fast-track, and is somewhat nerdy (for an alien.) To her, scientific discovery is everything, and making (or keeping) friends is low on the list of priorities. She has to be occasionally brought out of her shell by Samira and George.
* Jandara-The Cardassian cadet mentioned earlier, she was found on a horrific abandoned Cardassian outpost world near the Cardassian Neutral Zone, a product of a secret Obsidian Order program to create a super-warrior similar to an Augment. As the embodiment of the Cardassian enemy, she has to prove that she can coexist among humans and the other races at the Academy. Compared to that, the curriculum's a breeze.
ANIMATION STYLE: Let's face it, anime is the style that's popular now, and in order to get viewers, a style similar to anime (think Teen Titans) would be the way to go. While the show will be that way, it won't have all the trappings of anime; no large drop of water from the head or something like that, more something along the lines of Cowboy Bebop.
TIME SETTING: as mentioned above, the 24th Century, sometime after the Dominion War and the events of Star Trek: Nemesis, possibly before the events of Star Trek: Titan.