View Single Post
Old January 25 2008, 11:10 AM   #86
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Re: Let's Talk About Horror Fiction

Spaceman Spiff said:
The Bride of Frankenstein one kind of annoys me, just by being so short after over a year of delays. It's probably next on my reading list (I'm still savoring A Winter Haunting; Dan Simmons may be a new favorite), so we'll see how it goes.
Well, I won't spoil anything. I want to see what you think. And, actually, I'm not sure if it is shorter than the others; but the typeface is tiny. My poor aging eyes.

I had to check and have a laugh at the two "Chapter 3"s. I think authors and editors are relying a bit too heavily on spell check these days.
Or not relying on it, as the case may be. Flip through Marv Wolfman's novelization of Crisis On Infinite Earths sometime. There has to be a typo, sometimes multiple typos, on every page. Not to mention chapter "Froty Three."

As I said earlier in the thread, the Wolf Man one is a bit dull; not much happens in it. I'd only recommend it if you're a pretty die-hard Wolf Man fan. I couldn't not read it, but I won't be re-reading it at any point.
It's true (although, I think at the end too much happened ), but I enjoyed it; The Wolf Man is my favorite of the old Universals. And I think the writer really did a good job of capturing Larry Talbot's character.