View Single Post
Old January 23 2008, 10:56 AM   #79
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Re: Let's Talk About Horror Fiction

Spaceman Spiff said:
I had to look it up after reading this. Interesting. Each is listed as having 48 pages, and they're published by IDW Publishing, which is an independent comic book publisher. (They've recently acquired the Star Trek license, incidentally, and have started putting out new Trek comics.)
Oops. Didn't look that closely.

Speaking of Matheson, a couple of years ago I got a nice hardcover edition of his three Kolchak scripts. Yes, three, because he wrote a third story called The Night Killers which was never produced because they went to series instead (it probably would have been used as the second season premiere). I had been dying to read this since the early 80s when he mentioned it in an early issue of Twilight Zone magazine. It was expensive but worth it; and it turned out to be signed and numbered, which I didn't even know when I ordered it.

I've just started Bride of Frankenstein: Pandora's Bride; I'm rolling my eyes just a little, but we'll see. Also, I was amused that there are two Chapter Threes and no Chapter Four.