View Single Post
Old January 23 2008, 03:33 AM   #648
Jan
Commodore

Re: Niners Unite...around Babylon 5! - The Lost Threads

Hirogen Alpha said:
You're right Jan, about the material in the script books, of course, but Mal does make a point with a certain amount of legitimacy.
With respect, Hirogen Alpha, I don't grant any legitimacy to points that include pirating and copyright infringement.

As cool as they are, the books are a bit overpriced. I'm not saying JMS should lower the prices of the books--he's self-publishing and probably barely breaking even on these things. I'm just saying it's a shame that economics has dictated they cost 40 dollars apiece. If they were 20 or 25, I'd be less hesitant to pick them up (I have two right now, volumes 1 and 12), but at the current price (and even the reduced price of 30) they're just a little more than I'm willing to spend on them. In addition, the fact that the books are 39.99, when so many cafepress coupons start offering discounts on orders over 40.00 is a little bit frustrating.
Of course, the Cafepress coupon structure has changed in the last few months. For quite a long time it was simple to find coupons for $5 off $25 or $10 off $50. I doubt if the Scripts Team has any influence on CafePress's promotions.

Yes, the books are expensive, I don't dispute that. My point to Mal was that he misstated what was in the books.

Obviously, I need to dig out the Psi Corps trilogy and reread it since I don't even remember a character named Girard!

Jan
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote