View Single Post
Old January 22 2008, 02:19 AM   #35
Christopher
Writer

Re: Q & A Query (SPOILERS)

Emperor-Tiberius said:
Not having read the book, but intending of buying it very soon, can you say, as spoiler-free as you can, if you, somewhat, explained the Trelane-q issue? Q-Squared is considered impossible to have happened for the Trelane issue and all...
There are no Trelane references in Q&A, unless it's something implied that I overlooked.

I was considering purchasing them - I have seen some of the live recordings they did in youtube, back in the day.

I am concerned, though, if it'd temper with continuity... Is it, you know, impropable to have happened, as a tale?
Why does continuity matter? None of these stories "actually" happened. They're all made up. What does it matter if they fit together with each other, as long as they're entertaining? Continuity is nice to have, but I'll never for the life of me understand the attitude that a work of fiction is somehow not worth reading (or listening to, in this case) if it isn't consistent with another totally made-up thing that never happened.

From what I've read about it, I'd say Spock vs. Q isn't really meant to be a serious attempt at contributing to the Trek canon so much as using the conceit of a meeting between Spock and Q as an excuse for letting Nimoy and DeLancie strut their stuff before an audience. Trying to define its "canon value" seems like missing the point.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote