View Single Post
Old January 20 2008, 03:44 PM   #50
Brutal Strudel
Rear Admiral

Location: Here, frozen between time and place, not even the brightest lights escape...
Re: Teaser a Slight to Kirk?

I don't think it's a slight to Shatner or his fans but it does have me puzzled: why, in a trailer with other audio all at least 40 years old, couldn't they have used the original v.o. from the series? Instead, Nimoy comes on with this sepulchural version--hardly sounds optimistic to me. Sounds instead like drunk Uncle Lenny is about to croak.

(Since I see Shatner is fair game for how he has aged, I'm going to make a point of being as shallow and insulting about Nimoy from here on in, even though I'm fond of both of them. After all, if Will, who has fought a weight problem admirably for most of his career, can be mocked for being fat now that he's in his 70s, so too can Len for letting alcoholism ravage his looks to the point where he looks to be in his 80s rather than his 70s. Not fair? You're absolutely right: a person can live a long, happy, healthy life without ever touching a drink of alcohol. Try doing that with food.)