View Single Post
Old January 18 2008, 04:08 PM   #280
exodus
Fleet Admiral

Re: What would have improved Voyager?

Angel4576 said:
exodus said:
Angel4576 said:
Hmm, don't know about that. If I don't like my job, and there's little I can change about that situation, I'd find another one. The situation that's been described here around Berman and Braga's working environment, certainly sounds like it was far from a happy one.

Are you seriously suggesting that neither Berman or Braga would have been able to find work elsewhere?
Are you married with a morgage to pay?

Do you really honestly beileve that there is no competition within the job market and that people can leave jobs and be guaranteed one almost instantly?
Yes, and yes.

Piller, Behr, Echevarria, Moore, all managed to move seamlessly from Trek to other projects. How come Berman and Braga couldn't?

They knew Voyager was coming to an end, they had plenty of time.
As someone already explained, they were under contract. Most of the others you named only left after their contract was up or were released from it.

Paramount was paying B&B well, why should they leave? They aren't working to please you or I, they work to get paid and make ends meet. Who gives a shit if some snot nosed Trek fan a million miles away has issues with the show, why should they? Fans have no clue what it takes to run a TV program or how many nights both those men stayed up writing and doing the shows budget so the families they left waiting at home could eat. It's selfish to think they owe us something and should abandon their jobs just to please us. That's not realistic and that's not how the real world works.