View Single Post
Old January 16 2008, 09:46 AM   #175
Eminence
Fleet Captain

Re: What would have improved Voyager?

One thing I've noticed about you though is that every time you express adulation for DS9, you also couple it with some underhanded jab at Voyager. "I like DS9 because it's not Star Trek Enterprise C." Must your affection for DS9 be so intricately attached to your dislike for Voyager? I love both shows, and don't feel I need to diss one show to prove my loyalty to the other...

Garak was sarcasm. And, Darkness, you're right, was admittedly an overly general term, but I meant it to be more referential to previous comments you've made, as I do believe in the past you've alluded to something very similar in the "Why the hate for Voyager?" thread. Looks like that thread is not on the main list now (and I don't know if or how it can be pulled up), so I can't really say for certain, but I recall very vividly that in that thread one of your reasons for liking DS9 was that it was darker, and thus by extension supposedly, more evolved and more realistic than the other Star Trek series.

And as far as quality story telling, don't suppose that your opinion on quality story telling is the final opinion. Voyager was quality story telling, but there is a difference between a quality story and you just not liking the story they are telling.