View Single Post
Old January 6 2008, 12:33 AM   #77
Anwar
Vice Admiral

Re: What would have improved Voyager?

Ethros said:
TeutonicNights said:
http://lcarscom.net/rdm1000118.htm
Ah, thanks so much. I actually had it saved on my computer, but I haven't looked at it for a while. Yep, it really sums what a waste of time VOY was at the end of the day

"It was all very technical, and they were talking about the fact that in the premise this ship was going to have problems. It wasnít going to have unlimited sources of energy. It wasnít going to have all the doodads of the Enterprise. It was going to be rougher, fending for themselves more, having to trade to get supplies that they want. That didnít happen. It doesnít happen at all, and itís a lie to the audience. I think the audience intuitively knows when something is true and something is not true. VOYAGER is not true. If it were true, the ship would not look spick-and-span every week, after all these battles it goes through. How many times has the bridge been destroyed? How many shuttlecrafts have vanished, and another one just comes out of the oven? That kind of bullshitting the audience I think takes its toll. At some point the audience stops taking it seriously, because they know that this is not really the way this would happen. These people wouldnít act like this."

"The continuity of the show is completely haphazard. Itís haphazard by design. Itís not like they are trying desperately to maintain continuity of the show. They donít care, and theyíll tell you flat out that they donít care."

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
\

Moore seems to forget all the advantages that the replicators gave to the crew, and the fact that they could draw power from stars to recharge.

Basically, the only way they could've done VOY the way he saw it is if it wasn't in the Trek universe, which is what he did with NuBSG.

Because frankly his complaints are neutralized by everything already established long before him.