View Single Post
Old December 29 2007, 02:36 AM   #11
Santa Claus
Digitally Assisted

Send a message via ICQ to Santa Claus Send a message via AIM to Santa Claus Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Santa Claus Send a message via Yahoo to Santa Claus
Re: Windows Vista Problems WITH Solutions

PlanetMudd said:
Yeah ... same here .. I installed the service pack, shut down, restarted, and it was like I switched on an entirely different computer...

...I'd never seen a bluescreen of death on Vista until I install that hacked piece of script.
Hence it's title as RC1 (Release Candidate 1). Also, did you get the patch from Microsoft's website? Anywhere else and the source is dubious at best. The final, polished, completed patch should be available in March.

AmbassadorKosh said:
I work in computer repair shop, yeah I'm a computer tech, and what you all are describing are the most common complaints and praises of Vista. For some SP1RC1 is a god send and for others it's the devil himself, that SP is a release candidate only and all the bugs haven't been worked out yet. Nvidia drivers and Vista don't get along well at all for some people, but for others there's no problem. With Vista, you just have to experiment with the settings to see what works best, at least till MS gets the bugs out or Windows 7 is released, whichever comes first. To let you know how alot of people feel about Vista, since the release of Vista, our shops business in reinstalling XP has more than doubled, and it's mostly on brand new machines that came with Vista preinstalled.
Yep, I agree, and I've had the same experience. Dell (the company I work for) started offering discounts on XP. I still have XP, and I still use it, however I made Vista my primary OS because I have to get used to it, tinker around in there, fix the broken and generally get a feel for the system.

J.

❄ A Joyful Holiday Season to You All! ❄

Santa Claus is online now   Reply With Quote