View Single Post
Old December 25 2007, 12:00 AM   #48
tenmei
Fleet Captain

Re: Sword of Damocles -- comments & opinions ****SPOILERS***

Okay, this might have been asked elsewhere, but I can't seem to find it. This really took me out of the novel:

On Page 135, when the Ellington leaves Titan, it's said, by Jaza, that the anomaly (the Eye) is "fifteen degrees behind the planet, moving in the same orbital path" but on the following page, he says that it's between them and the planet.

So, in the space of a page, it seems to go from ELLINGTON - PLANET - ANOMALY to ELLINGTON - ANOMALY - PLANET

I may have misunderstood something there, but it just does not sound right.

Surely if the anomaly was between the Ellington and the planet, it would be fifteen degrees ahead of the planet?

What went on there?

One other thing - what position does Keru hold? In TW, he was Security and Tactical Officer, but by the end of RK he had shared the duties with Tuvok, so that he was Security Chief and Tuvok was Tactical Officer, but a couple of times in the novel, so far, it refers to Tuvok as being Titan's senior security AND tactical officer.

It's a shame if these are mistakes, because otherwise this is turning out to be the best of the Titan novels (although, they're all pretty closely packed in readability).