View Single Post
Old December 24 2007, 07:54 PM   #43
Geoff Thorne
Fleet Captain

View Geoff Thorne's Twitter Profile
Re: Sword of Damocles -- comments & opinions ****SPOILERS***

Mr. Bennett is right.

To me, even as a reader, TITAN is not the further adventures Riker and Troi. They are just two characters out of a sea of equally interesting ones. I understand the frustration that some may have with not seeing the focus on the two (or five if you include Tuvok, Pazlar and Ogawa) characters that have appeared on screen but that was never my intent.

The three previous authors did such awesome work in several areas- making the ship unique, jacking up the adult and scifi elements- trying like all the others in the literary stable to make these books competitive with "real" scifi books, I tried to do this also. I tried to write a book that I would buy.

I'm liking the comparisons to LOST. It's not intentional on my part but it was my favorite show. I'm sorry the tech stuff was a lot for some people. I'll work on that in the future. For Trekkers, time travel stories need more of a spin to be viable and I wanted something that hadn't been seen before.

I knew when I turned it in this book wasn't going to be for everybody but I'm glad even those of you who don't LOOOOOOVE it still find things to like.

And for those who do love it, your checks are in the mail.

Starfleet is not a military organization. Its purpose is exploration. - Jean-Luc Picard
Geoff Thorne is offline   Reply With Quote