Old December 13 2007, 05:57 AM   #8
the_wildcard
Rear Admiral

Re: Sword of Damocles -- comments & opinions ****SPOILERS***

RedJack said:
1) Yes.

2) Yes.

3) Yes. He was talking to Vale.
Thanks RedJack. From a SCI-FI point of view, I thought this was definately a very original story. I saw alot of unique concepts, ie. the tesseract, the different kinds of energy waves and how they interacted. This definately ranks up there with my other favorite TITAN novel - Orion Hounds.

From a literary point of view, overall I thought the book was good. I have to admit I got bit a lost sometimes in the science. It wasn't only until the end, did everything start to click, coicendentally at the same time Jaza and Ra-vii figured everything out, lol.

But my favorite parts were your descriptions of the sky and the interaction of the energy waves from space. I imagined a lighting storm combined with a raging firestorm and the Aurora Borealis. I dunno if that was the intent, but that's what I imagined, haha.

As for the interactions and development of the crew, I had no issues with any of them. In fact, I have to say that the idea of Jaza's fate being linked to visions of the prohepts and his past was a terrific idea.
the_wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote