View Single Post
Old November 14 2007, 07:20 AM   #18
Jptrekker
Captain

Location: the marketing dept. of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation
Re: Menagerie, re-mastered on the Big Screen

Just got back from the Portland showing. I think we had a better projector than some other cities, didn't recognize much bad pixelation.

It was interesting hearing where the laughs were--mostly at Shatner's expense: Kirk making eyes at the yeoman, several times, arguing with Mendez in office and in the shuttle. There were also laughs when Spock uses the nerve pinch and when McCoy asks "I keep wondering who could be following us in a shuttlecraft." Spock's emotions during the flashbacks also got chuckles.

I heard several oohs and aahs during the documentary when they first showed the non-cgi Enterprise fade to the CGI Enterprise.

The funniest part was at the very end when the presentation abruptly ended and we got the windows xp "Active Desktop Recovery" on the theater screen (got the biggest laugh of the evening, second was Shatner getting beaned with a Tribble just before during the S2 preview).

Overall lots of fun, about a 75% full theater, some comic shop guys, but mostly average people in street clothes, and a couple of TOS-Era uniforms and minis.
Jptrekker is offline   Reply With Quote