View Single Post
Old November 14 2007, 05:52 AM   #13
Matt
Commodore

Re: Menagerie, re-mastered on the Big Screen

Man was my showing dark. AMC really needs to upgrade their screens and projectors. Talk about garbage.

I think the projectors are all digital now, and low res, because you can see pixels and they're like each the size of a dollar bill folded in half. It'd be nice if the $12.50 ticket got me a clear "HD" viewing.

The film still needs a lot of work. So much for remastered. Tons of easily fixable scratches, especially in part 2. The whole intro of part 2 wasn't HD, neither was it restored. Wow...

All in all it was a great time, though. Everyone laughed a lot. "THE WOMEN!" got a huge roar of laughter from everyone. All Trekkies. The theater was packed, and I imagine the next showing will be as well.

I saw at least two girls dressed up. One in a TNG Ops uniform, and the other in what appeared to be a TOS operations (red) miniskirt uniform, but I only saw her out of my peripheral vision... It appeared to have Captain braids on the sleeves, but we nerds know this is impossible since a.) In TOS you had to be in command division, and b.) No women Captains.