View Single Post
Old October 12 2007, 09:42 PM   #18
RJDonner&Blitzen
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Re: Hallowe'en Reading 2007!

Unicron said:
^ It's mainly a collection of stories by Schwartz, who is a folklorist, and some of them are fairly well known. What really makes the books great, though, is Stephen Gammell's creepy illustrations. And I do mean creepy. They help create the books' atmosphere. You can see some representatives below.
Ah, folklore. And those are nice illustrations. I'll have to add them to my list.

Spaceman Spiff said:
I hope you like it. I'm kind of afraid of overhyping it, especially with all the award talk. But I know you like your pulp, so there's a good chance you'll enjoy it.
I'm sure I will (and if I don't, that's life in the big city ).

The Cemetery Dance books are a little pricey, with their being an independent publisher, but the quality of the books is top-notch. RJDiogenes and I both bought several books from one of their recent (and frequent) sales, and we commented to each other about just how new the books seemed when they arrived. The books look like they roll right off the press and into the box to be shipped to your house.
Yeah, we both thought the same thing: It was that same feeling you got when you were a kid and you got a brand-new book. Good stuff.