The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Superman costume to appear on SMALLVILLE after all (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=99620)

JacksonArcher July 24 2009 03:28 AM

Superman costume to appear on SMALLVILLE after all

No kidding.

Quote:

Herc.
Confirming to you the Superman outfit for "Smallville" is real, there is a mad dash to a bunch of Warner reps happening right now.
But your previous report is slightly off --the suit makes its on-screen debut in the Season Nine premiere, which is called "Superman".
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41794

Servo July 24 2009 03:30 AM

Re: Superman costume to appear on SMALLVILLE after all

If this turns out to be true, I'll be one happy camper.

JacksonArcher July 24 2009 03:31 AM

I read the description of the suit. No cape, apparently.

WB plans to unveil the suit on Sunday at Comic-Con.

Servo July 24 2009 03:33 AM

I'll reserve judgment until the spoiler pics appear.

CaptainCanada July 24 2009 03:37 AM

Smallville is still on?

gastrof July 24 2009 03:43 AM

I'm waiting for someone to shout "GREAT RAO!" in this thread.

As for the cape, they'd better add it or I'm gonna be ticked.

Guy Gardener July 24 2009 03:49 AM

It's kind of like that experiment in indeterminism with the cat in a box with poison.

Smallville is both cancelled and still on air, insolong as you don't bother check for sure because with out observation it is quantumly unstable.

nx1701g July 24 2009 03:53 AM

This isn't actually new. This was mentioned by Kelly Souders during an interview a few weeks ago that the superman logo would be making its appearance with the red blue blur; however, I don't trust the source at the moment. It's already been confirmed that the season premire is called Savior.

roguephoenix July 24 2009 04:23 AM

i doubt it's the costume. the insignia, yes, but the costume... doubtful. considering who is reporting it, it's unlikely they know the difference between the "costume" and just the logo. to them, it's the same thing. so having the logo to them means having the costume.

Admiral Buzzkill July 24 2009 04:36 AM

Actually, "who is reporting it" gives a pretty specific description of what the outfit is and isn't.

Captain Craig July 24 2009 04:49 AM

*checks calendar*
So, its not April 1 and my curiosity is peaked. For a show I've long since stopped following this is a gimmick(like GA,SG,Zatanna) that will get me to tune in and probably for more than one episode if they construct things well.

Be curious to see the pics that make it on line of this suit/logo in the coming days.

Sketcher July 24 2009 05:35 AM

But according to Kryptonsite the premiere is titled Savior, not Superman...that misinformation alone makes me skeptical. Still hopeful and giddy, but skeptical...

Broccoli July 24 2009 05:37 AM

Quote:

nx1701g wrote: (Post 3223654)
This isn't actually new. This was mentioned by Kelly Souders during an interview a few weeks ago that the superman logo would be making its appearance with the red blue blur; however, I don't trust the source at the moment. It's already been confirmed that the season premire is called Savior.

Yeah, I'm going to be skeptic on this for the moment as well. I'm willing to be proven wrong, however.

Admiral James Kirk July 24 2009 07:58 AM

Quote:

Sketcher wrote: (Post 3223955)
But according to Kryptonsite the premiere is titled Savior, not Superman...that misinformation alone makes me skeptical. Still hopeful and giddy, but skeptical...

Perhaps Savior was a false title fed to Kryptonsite in order to preserve the Superman surprise for as long as possible.

Aragorn July 24 2009 08:22 AM

If it is the full costume, I'll make a guess that whenever it's on screen, Tom Welling will not be. :p