The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Deep Space Nine (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   An unconventional call--Niners: support Dukat!!! (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=98048)

Nerys Ghemor July 5 2009 02:02 AM

An unconventional call--Niners: support Dukat!!!

I never thought I'd be trying to help Gul Dukat WIN at anything...but I would SO love to see him grace the cover of this magazine. Step on over to this thread to see more...

http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=97934

No other villain has his depth, nor was any other so well acted. Let's give Dukat the infamy he really deserves!

Lee T July 5 2009 02:45 AM

Re: An unconventional call--Niners: support Dukat!!!

I voted for Dukat (and Tomalak because even if he had less depth he was that well acted too).

Too Much Fun July 5 2009 03:04 PM

Good luck to all you Dukat fans. Personally I would vote for Weyoun or Q, but I think Dukat probably has the best chance of anyone at beating Khan. Unfortunately, I'm quite certain that in the end Khan will prevail no matter how many Niners back Dukat.

Nerys Ghemor July 5 2009 03:36 PM

The only way we'll find out is if we all try; it won't help if we sit on our hands! :cardie: ;)

DevilEyes July 5 2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Too Much Fun wrote: (Post 3155362)
Good luck to all you Dukat fans. Personally I would vote for Weyoun or Q, but I think Dukat probably has the best chance of anyone at beating Khan. Unfortunately, I'm quite certain that in the end Khan will prevail no matter how many Niners back Dukat.

Q was always more of an annoyance than a villain.

Weyoun was a wonderful character...but he was predictable and always serving the Founders and got pushed around by the The Female Changeling, who was much scarier and more chilling with her superior indifferent attitude.

Aurian July 5 2009 07:30 PM

I also voted for Dukat :)

Jono July 6 2009 03:23 PM

Voted for Khan, hope he wins.

Nerys Ghemor July 6 2009 07:25 PM

::Gives Jono a withering, sidelong glance and mumbles something into her wristcomm. The words "Obsidian Order" and "interrogation" are heard...::

Herkimer Jitty July 6 2009 08:27 PM

Dark days lie ahead for you, Jono. You'll have to endure the dish-drying rack, being poked with soft cushions, and being forced to sit in the comfy chair. Nobody expects the Obsidian Order!

Navaros July 6 2009 09:46 PM

I don't agree that Dukat was any more deep or well-acted than either Weyoun or Kai Winn. I say all three of them are immaculately-played and writen (other than the unmentionable things which we shall not discuss yet again in this thread :p).

There is no question that all three of them are easily and by far the 3 best villains ever in Trek, and probably even SciFi and television as a whole, too.

RyuRoots July 6 2009 09:48 PM

The cynicism in me tells me Khan will win (everybody loves a good joke, after all) tho there have been a surprising number of votes for other people which is nice. I've already cast my vote for Dukat. Don't think there's been an antagonist in Trek I've enjoyed watching more than him.

Nerys Ghemor July 7 2009 12:02 AM

Quote:

Herkimer Jitty wrote: (Post 3159923)
Dark days lie ahead for you, Jono. You'll have to endure the dish-drying rack, being poked with soft cushions, and being forced to sit in the comfy chair. Nobody expects the Obsidian Order!

OH GOD. You just gave me one heck of a Garak image there. :cardie:

arasam22 July 7 2009 01:31 AM

Quote:

Herkimer Jitty wrote: (Post 3159923)

BIGGLES! get... the COMFY CHAIR!

SharkD July 7 2009 03:33 AM

I think that Dukat fell and then arose from the ashes one too many times. He lost a lot of his credibility (for a villain) after the nth time in my mind.

DevilEyes December 6 2009 12:29 PM

Well, the magazine is out, and predictably, Khan won, whether he deserves it or not. :vulcan:

http://static.titanmagazines.com/pro...ains_take_over
Quote:

Khan Noonien Singh has been voted Best Star Trek Villain by readers of Totalscifionline.com and Star Trek Magazine.
The ruthless genetically-enhanced baddie was played by the late Ricardo Montalbán. The character first appeared in the original series episode Space Seed, which ended with Khan and his acolytes being exiled on an inhospitable world. He then re-appeared as the central villain in 1982’s Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, where his devilish deeds included placing Ceti eels in Chekov and Terrell’s ears.
Other memorable villains to receive votes included the slinky Borg Queen, the Machiavellian Gul Dukat and Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country’s General Chang.