The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Trek Literature (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   2009 Fall Book Preview With Covers (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=97735)

Man of Steel July 1 2009 01:54 PM

2009 Fall Book Preview With Covers

Hi Guys,

Covers have been released for the books coming out the rest of the year. The covers come with synopsis of each title. You can read and see it all over here: http://trekmovie.com/2009/07/01/excl...r-trek-novels/

The 2010 lineup should be announced next week at Shore Leave.

LightningStorm July 1 2009 02:27 PM

Re: 2009 Fall Book Preview With Covers

Something appears to be severely wrong with T'Pol on the cover of The Romulan War

But, there goes ~$39.95 cause I'm getting all of them.

Thor Damar July 1 2009 02:32 PM

Quote:

LightningStorm wrote: (Post 3141795)
Something appears to be severely wrong with T'Pol on the cover of The Romulan War

But, there goes ~$39.95 cause I'm getting all of them.

The Starfleet uniform?

And yep, I know were my pounds sterling will be going over the next few months:)

LightningStorm July 1 2009 02:34 PM

Quote:

Thor Damar wrote: (Post 3141805)
The Starfleet uniform?

No, her face and head appear misshapen and mildly disproportionate. Maybe it's the Big Hairô.

JWolf July 1 2009 02:52 PM

T'Pol looks like she is sick.

Thor Damar July 1 2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

JWolf wrote: (Post 3141867)
T'Pol looks like she is sick.

Probably from having to look at Archer's smug face. Seriously, why does he have that godawful smile in that cover?

Christopher July 1 2009 03:08 PM

From the Romulan War blurb:
Quote:

At the start of the twenty-second century unconditional war swept across the Earth. A war that engulfed the great and the small, the rich and the poor, giving no quarter. Each side strove for unconditional victory, and as battle built upon battle the living began to envy the dead.

Chastised by the cataclysm that they had unleashed, the governments of Earth banded together. Humanity vowed to put an end to war, and to strive for the betterment of every living creature.
Start of the 22nd century? 2100? Is this a typo? According to FC, WWIII ended in the 2050s and Earth was united within half a century after that.

Kirks_Flying_Wig July 1 2009 05:18 PM

The Precipice cover is gorgeous. :drool:

Defcon July 1 2009 06:03 PM

Wow, with the exception of Precipe, all of the covers are awful. :cardie:

Warp Coil July 1 2009 06:21 PM

Quote:

Defcon wrote: (Post 3142420)
Wow, with the exception of Precipe, all of the covers are awful. :cardie:

I wouldn't go that far. The cover for Synthesis is decent enough, and keeps in line with all of the other Titan cover designs (which I love, BTW). The cover for Unworthy is generic and uninspired, much like Full Circle. Not bad, just not interesting. I'd say the most disappointing cover art is for The Romulan War - I was expecting a far more interesting cover design. Pocket's final choice makes the novel seem a little dull and boring, and T'Pol just looks wrong.

Having said that, some of the Trek cover designs are starting to disappoint me again. The art for Losing the Peace seems "off" somehow. The design choice for The Soul Key looks like something an amateur would do. Sometimes Pocket pulls something great, like the Vanguard art, but lately I've been growing disappointed with their creative choices.

Rat Boy July 1 2009 06:25 PM

Quote:

Christopher wrote: (Post 3141916)
From the Romulan War blurb:
Quote:

At the start of the twenty-second century unconditional war swept across the Earth. A war that engulfed the great and the small, the rich and the poor, giving no quarter. Each side strove for unconditional victory, and as battle built upon battle the living began to envy the dead.

Chastised by the cataclysm that they had unleashed, the governments of Earth banded together. Humanity vowed to put an end to war, and to strive for the betterment of every living creature.
Start of the 22nd century? 2100? Is this a typo? According to FC, WWIII ended in the 2050s and Earth was united within half a century after that.

Blame Nero. ;)

Nerys Ghemor July 1 2009 06:30 PM

So what's the deal with Synthesis? I dunno, seems wrong to have Riker with another woman. Unless that's a really bad rendering of Troi.

And what about TNES? DON'T tell me that this "Cardassian's" birthday gift has been pushed back out of September... :(

Brendan Moody July 1 2009 06:33 PM

Quote:

Nerys Ghemor wrote: (Post 3142530)
So what's the deal with Synthesis? I dunno, seems wrong to have Riker with another woman. Unless that's a really bad rendering of Troi.

That's Minuet, who as an AI is apparently somehow relevant to this story.
Quote:

And what about TNES? DON'T tell me that this "Cardassian's" birthday gift has been pushed back out of September... :(
The end of the article confirms that the two DS9 books are still on schedule. Their covers were already released, so they're not focused on in this piece.

fleetcaptain July 1 2009 06:40 PM

Well I for sure like those covers but I have to agree with the others on the Romulan War Cover. I was hoping to see Shran in either a Starfleet or MACO uniform since he was drummed out of the Andorian Military.
Nice to see Captain Riker in the vest uniform that we have only seen captain's wearing. I thought that was an officer vest, not just captain's? I'm lost on that one.

Randor July 1 2009 06:56 PM

Quote:

Nerys Ghemor wrote: (Post 3142530)

Certainly looks like Minuet to me...