The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Trek Literature (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Discuss: The Voyager Fleet (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=96628)

Sxottlan June 18 2009 09:49 AM

Discuss: The Voyager Fleet

Ship fanatics gather. What do you hope to see? Why kind of stories, relationships, dynamics do you want between these vessels?

Tino June 18 2009 11:14 AM

Re: Discuss: The Voyager Fleet

Deleted.

Deranged Nasat June 18 2009 11:16 AM

Well, I have a lot of ideas, but I'm not certain I know where the line between speculation/opinion and story ideas lies, and to avoid rule-breaking I'll sit this one out, I think. Well, at least until other people set a standard for me to follow! :)

Steve Roby June 18 2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Sxottlan wrote: (Post 3096949)
Ship fanatics gather. What do you hope to see? Why kind of stories, relationships, dynamics do you want between these vessels?

I think there should be an Intrepid class ship and an Akira class ship that try to start a relationship, but a Saber class ship gets all jealous and wants to go back home because it always had a crush on the Akira and now it's too late to do anything about it. But it has to stay in the fleet so it spreads gossip about the Intrepid ship and breaks up a longstanding friendship between the Intrepid class ship and its oldest friend, a Nebula class ship.

Or maybe I don't understand the question.

Deranged Nasat June 18 2009 01:25 PM

Quote:

Steve Roby wrote: (Post 3097190)
Quote:

Sxottlan wrote: (Post 3096949)

I think there should be an Intrepid class ship and an Akira class ship that try to start a relationship, but a Saber class ship gets all jealous and wants to go back home because it always had a crush on the Akira and now it's too late to do anything about it. But it has to stay in the fleet so it spreads gossip about the Intrepid ship and breaks up a longstanding friendship between the Intrepid class ship and its oldest friend, a Nebula class ship.

Or maybe I don't understand the question.

The Sabre and the Akira then have an affair, the Akira swayed by the Sabre's smear campaign against the Intrepid. The Akira soon regrets it, but to its horror finds it is pregnant with the Sabre's secret love shuttle. Unsure of how to explain itself, the Akira runs away and the rest of the fleet spend most of the mission looking for her. Eventually, they find her hiding in a Voth cityship, confiding in the local Minister. The Voth vow to put a stop to this silly endotherm ship bickering, and confiscate the fleet's slipstream drives. Then the ships all argue over whose fault it is.

kimc June 18 2009 02:00 PM

Janeway comes back. J/C forever. :D

Deranged Nasat June 18 2009 02:03 PM

Quote:

kimc wrote: (Post 3097329)

And this relates to our ship soap opera, how? ;) :)

Jaron June 18 2009 02:36 PM

Quote:

Deranged Nasat wrote: (Post 3097337)
Quote:

kimc wrote: (Post 3097329)

And this relates to our ship soap opera, how? ;) :)

When two of the ships have a little shuttlecraft, they'll name it after her.

LightningStorm June 18 2009 02:38 PM

Just a reminder folks... keep it very generic and non-specific. We've got authors here and story ideas aren't allowed in this forum.

Thanks

wew June 18 2009 02:45 PM

But then the Luna ship gets quite jealous because its slipstream drive is no longer a unique item so it cozyies up to the medical ship.

William Leisner June 18 2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

LightningStorm wrote: (Post 3097390)
Just a reminder folks... keep it very generic and non-specific. We've got authors here and story ideas aren't allowed in this forum.

Thanks

There goes my pitch for a Star Trek: NCC-90210 series...

brcarthey June 18 2009 07:53 PM

Quote:

William Leisner wrote: (Post 3097478)
Quote:

LightningStorm wrote: (Post 3097390)

Thanks

There goes my pitch for a Star Trek: NCC-90210 series...

jj is already running with that idea with his trio of trek movies. ;)

Kirsten Beyer June 18 2009 08:48 PM

Steve...Deranged...have you guys been reading my diary? No fair! :)

LutherSloan June 18 2009 08:55 PM

Do we know how many ships, what classes, etc? I believe the end of Full Circle told us the names of the ships and their captains, but I don't recall classes.

Deranged Nasat June 18 2009 09:00 PM

Quote:

Kirsten Beyer wrote: (Post 3098584)
Steve...Deranged...have you guys been reading my diary? No fair! :)

:lol: I'm glad you approve!