The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Captain America... Spoilers (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=96335)

Hermiod June 15 2009 12:49 PM

Captain America... Spoilers

He's back...

Quote:

Captain America is making a miraculous recovery.

Two years after Marvel Comics knocked off its famous star-spangled superhero, he's gonna be back and better than ever.

"The original Captain America is finally coming back," Marvel Comics editor in chief Joe Quesada told the Daily News. "We've been patiently planning for this moment for 21/2 years."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...xzz0IUyk1rNz&C

Emher June 15 2009 01:26 PM

Re: Captain America... Spoilers

My surprise-o-meter isn't ever registering.

Checkmate June 15 2009 01:27 PM

What! I thought he was dead forever and ever! This is so shocking and unexpected! I can't imagine anyone saw this coming at all! Oh my God, Marvel is so awesome and original! They blew my mind!

</sarcasm>

Cky June 15 2009 01:28 PM

Wait... didn't we already know this after the release of Ironman?

Thrall June 15 2009 01:35 PM

'Bout F'n time.

But they'll retcon this but not Gwen The Whore or Scotty The Adulterer. Typical fucking Quesada Marvel.

Hermiod June 15 2009 02:35 PM

^Scotty the Adulterer is about the first interesting thing ever to happen to the character.

I think a few people forget how Jean was behaving when it started, too.

Icemizer June 15 2009 03:34 PM

Bucky makes a deal with Mephisto to bring back Cap!!!

Captain Craig June 15 2009 04:00 PM

Not surprised at all. The death & resurrection schtick is sooooo old at this point.
I'll not even buy the issue(s). I will get the TPB at half off from a comic vendor but I can't muster a lot of excitement about this 'big' news.

Mike Farley June 15 2009 04:03 PM

It's about time. I liked the story, but it has stretched out way too long. Bucky America is just not compelling. Bucky, the Winter Soldier, is cool though and I would not mind seeing him in more in that role.

Broccoli June 15 2009 04:13 PM

Shit...I guess I have to remove my "Cap: R.I.P." tattoo.

Mr Light June 15 2009 04:25 PM

I haven't read this storyline yet (I just bought three of the trades at a sale yesterday though!) but I thought the Bucky Cap story was immensely popular. You'd think they would keep Rogers dead or at least wait to time his ressurection with the movie in another year. Do we know how exactly he's coming back?

coolghoul June 15 2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Icemizer wrote: (Post 3085533)
Bucky makes a deal with Mephisto to bring back Cap!!!

:lol:

I was reading The Death of Captain America, Vol. 2: The Burden of Dreams and saw

Nick Ryder June 15 2009 05:38 PM

I'm just a little disappointed that they didn't bring him back right away if they were going to bring him back at all. I mean sure the "OMG they killed CAP!" wouldn't have been as shocking, but given how Tony was acting and how the whole MU was at that point, Cap's death was needed really. And to be honest... not to make yet another Batman quote, Bucky isn't the Cap we needed, but the Cap the MU deserved. It needed a Cap more willing to do the "dirty deeds" while trying to uphold truth, justice and the American Way.

While yes, I miss Steve Rogers, I am not entirely turned off by the Bucky-Cap either. I think its still pretty fuckin' cool how they merged Buck with Black Widow, boy that woman has had more husbands and lovers than Liz Taylor! But at least it gives Cap a worthy female counterpart, one that isn't upstaged when you see her fighting along side Cap.

I do hope that maybe Steve doesn't retake the mantle right away when he comes back, heck, I'd love to see him force Osborn out and take HAMMER away and replace it with a new SHIELD. I always did wonder why Cap never evolved into say "General" America or something by this point - or even Colonel America. I always assumed that Captain was his military rank.

Newski June 15 2009 06:19 PM

Quote:

Thrall wrote: (Post 3085337)
'Bout F'n time.

But they'll retcon this but not Gwen The Whore or Scotty The Adulterer. Typical fucking Quesada Marvel.

Oh, but those were edgey and dramatic and therefore good stories!!!!

Or not really that good at all.........

Well, at least they'll bring back Classic Cap..... I'm tired of the "new" Captain America... You know, the one who uses a gun, totally defeating the entire purpose of a Superhero in the first place?

Misfit Toy June 15 2009 06:56 PM

Well at least Superman, Hal Jordan, Oliver Queen and Barry Allen had the decency to stay dead! ;)